Home » FAQs

FAQs

Below are FAQs regarding HRPP/IRB processes and procedures, including using IDEATE, broken down into topic-specific categories. To view a full list of questions within a category, please click on the “view category” link underneath the corresponding topic heading. You may also search for a particular subject by using the search bar. If you cannot find an answer to your question below, please contact the SPH HRPP Coordinator.

General HRPP/IRB (11)

What does generalizable knowledge mean?

When considering whether their project meets the federal definition of research (i.e., a systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to generalizable knowledge), a PI may be uncertain what is meant by “generalizable knowledge.” To … Continue reading

View category→

Accessing IDEATE (1)

I can’t log into IDEATE even though I’m using my CUNY Portal username and Password. Who do I contact?

Only CUNY-affiliated researchers with CUNY Portal accounts can access IDEATE. If you cannot log into the IDEATE website using your CUNY Portal username and password, please reset your password here and then try logging into IDEATE again. If you continue to have trouble logging in, please … Continue reading

View category→

IDEATE Protocol Development, Modification, Renewal, and Closure (19)

Edits to my IRB application are not saving even though I clicked on the ‘save’ button. What am I doing wrong? 

To edit your IRB application, please click on the study located under your To-Do List on the left hand side of the screen. Please ensure that you are not making the corrections through the LiveList, as these edits cannot be saved.

View category→

Miscellaneous (3)

How do I download or print an active protocol from the LiveList?

1) Click on the Home button at the top of the screen to return to the LiveList. 2) Once you see the LiveList screen, enter the protocol number of the study you want to download or print in the Finder field. 3) Let the Lifecycle Event Manager load. You … Continue reading

View category→

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message