Home » FAQs

FAQs

Below are FAQs regarding HRPP/IRB processes and procedures, including using IDEATE, broken down into topic-specific categories. To view a full list of questions within a category, please click on the “view category” link underneath the corresponding topic heading. You may also search for a particular subject by using the search bar. If you cannot find an answer to your question below, please contact the SPH HRPP Coordinator.

General HRPP/IRB (10)

What documents require the CUNY IRB stamp of approval?

Any document that is requesting consent/permission/assent from a participant/parent for procedures done in association with a research study or a document that is being used to recruit a participant requires a stamp of approval. Documents that do not require a … Continue reading

View category→

Accessing IDEATE (1)

I can’t log into IDEATE even though I’m using my CUNY Portal username and Password. Who do I contact?

Only CUNY-affiliated researchers with CUNY Portal accounts can access IDEATE. If you cannot log into the IDEATE website using your CUNY Portal username and password, please reset your password here and then try logging into IDEATE again. If you continue to have trouble logging in, please … Continue reading

View category→

IDEATE Protocol Development, Modification, Renewal, and Closure (19)

I am trying to add a document in the Attachments Tab, but it’s not uploading.

Documents with special characters in the file name will not upload correctly in IDEATE. If there are any symbols in the document name (e.g. &, -, #, @, +, etc.), please rename the document and try uploading it again. It … Continue reading

View category→

Miscellaneous (3)

What is the difference between the terms coded, de-identified, and anonymous?

Coded: Direct personal identifiers have been removed (e.g., from data or specimens) and replaced with words, letters, figures, symbols, or a combination of these (not derived from or related to the personal information) for purposes of protecting the identity of the … Continue reading

View category→

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message