Home » FAQs

FAQs

Below are FAQs regarding HRPP/IRB processes and procedures, including using IDEATE, broken down into topic-specific categories. To view a full list of questions within a category, please click on the “view category” link underneath the corresponding topic heading. You may also search for a particular subject by using the search bar. If you cannot find an answer to your question below, please contact the SPH HRPP Coordinator.

General HRPP/IRB (11)

What are the most common problems that delay HRPP review and IRB approval of a study?

Please see Top Ten Tips to Avoid Delayed HRPP/IRB Protocol Review.

View category→

Accessing IDEATE (1)

I can’t log into IDEATE even though I’m using my CUNY Portal username and Password. Who do I contact?

Only CUNY-affiliated researchers with CUNY Portal accounts can access IDEATE. If you cannot log into the IDEATE website using your CUNY Portal username and password, please reset your password here and then try logging into IDEATE again. If you continue to have trouble logging in, please … Continue reading

View category→

IDEATE Protocol Development, Modification, Renewal, and Closure (19)

I am trying to submit my protocol, but I am receiving a message that my application is incomplete.

You will not be able to submit your IRB application for HRPP/IRB review until you have answered all text fields and uploaded all required documents. If you receive an error message, please return to the tabs marked with red asterisks … Continue reading

View category→

Miscellaneous (3)

How do I download or print an active protocol from the LiveList?

1) Once logged into your IDEATE account, click on the Home button at the top of the screen to return to the LiveList. 2) Once you see the LiveList screen, enter the protocol number of the study you want to download or print in the Finder field. … Continue reading

View category→

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message